Back to training listings
CaLP Market Assessment Tools Training in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
22 - 26 May 2017
The Cash Learning Partnership (CaLP) will run a Market Assessment Tools Training course covering core concepts and tools in emergency market assessment in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on 22nd - 26th May 2017.
This is a 5-day training designed non-economists who may participate in a market assessment with a humanitarian objective. This training focuses on how to measure market performance and how to select appropriate market tools and guidance for an assessment. The fourth day includes a field-based assessment component to apply some of the various skills learned during the week. See the course overview for more information
After completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Contribute to, and engage in the market assessment process and participate in response options discussions
- Use core market assessment tools, understanding their contributions in a range of contexts
Applicants should meet at-least one of the following prerequisites:
- Prior experience in the design, implementation or management of cash transfers or vouchers in a humanitarian context
- Prior attendance at CaLP Level-2 training or equivalent classroom experience
- Previous exposure to, involvement in, or classroom experience with response analysis (response options analysis)
- Working knowledge of key vocabulary concerning how markets function would be useful.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and selection will consider:
- Whether applicants meet the training requirements (see above)
- Balance between different organizations - a mix is preferred to strengthen cross learning
- Gender balance - a balance between men and women is preferred
- Priority will be given to applicants based in Ethiopia.
- UN/donor organisation - $780
- International NGO - $650
- Ethiopian Government or National NGO - No fee (this course is partly subsidized by OFDA through World Vision)
Course fees include:
- Course materials
- Lunch, morning and afternoon tea breaks
- Field school
What is not included:
- Participants are required to meet their own accommodation and transport costs. Note: If needed, World Vision may be able to meet these costs for local NGO and Government staff.
To register for this training please complete this training application form.